Boat/Watercraft Insurance in New York
New York has a short boating season and does not require by law to purchase boat insurance. However, as the waterways get crowded in summer, the likelihood of an accident increases. To prevent your hard-earned cash from sinking with your boat, be proactive, and purchase boat insurance to provide peace of mind and quick recovery if an accident should happen and your boat is damaged. After all, you have spent a lot of money to purchase it, and threats like fires, storms, collisions, and lightning can damage your investment in an instant.
In New York and New Jersey, EverGreen Insurance Agency – Peter Schmidt offers policies to help boat owners recover financially after a mishap. A selection of policies is available that cover the following eventualities:
- Collisions – the insurance policy covers both the property damage liability and personal injury liability
- Towing costs – if your boat was severely damaged, you can include towing costs in the coverage
- Crew Liability – if anyone of your crew gets injured onboard your craft, an insurance policy will provide a damages payout to cover the necessary medical costs
- Removal of the wreck – if your boat should be unusable after an accident, the insurance policy can take care of the costs to remove the wreck
- Pollution liability – if your boat is damaged and the fuel used to power the craft spills into the body of water, you will be liable to pay for cleaning up. To ensure you have the necessary funds for a cleanup operation, ensure that this eventuality is covered in your policy.
Life is unpredictable on land and even more so on the water, but there is a lot you can do to protect yourself from disaster. So, instead of worrying about all the things that can go wrong, come and visit us at EverGreen Insurance Agency – Peter Schmidt, in New York, to discuss your options.